U-Pak’s Commitment to Sustainability
- Waste Diversion is the process of minimizing the amount of waste that is destined for disposal. It involves assessing how residuals are generated, collected and managed before designating any materials for final disposal.
- Waste Diversion is important because it is our core business. We work with our customers and suppliers to establish programs that maximize diversion, thereby creating value for our customers and minimize the resources needed for our communities to thrive.
- Diversion volume reporting of various waste streams and suggested improvements to existing programs is part of U-Pak’s client support to drive the diversion.
- U-Pak provides a continual monitoring program to ensure compliance within the provincial recycling regulations.
- Skilled personnel to work with the staff or tenants to encourage higher levels of recycling.
- Assistance in all aspects of the MOE 3-R’s (Reduce, Reuse, Recycle) regulations compliance.